Friday, October 16, 2009

Blog Background

For those of you who visit this blog regularly, you will notice that I have changed the background quite a bit lately.  I am trying to find one that I really like and that fits this season.  I had a really cute one on with just words about fall like football, family, friends, thanksgiving, but it just wasn't working for me.  So, I am going with a more fall look with the pretty colors of orange, red, brown and green.
Maybe I will be able to keep this background until winter... we'll see.

On a side note, hoping and praying that the rain holds off tonight as we are supposed to be going to "Boo in the Zoo" with the kids.  I promise some cute pictures if we are able to go!!!

Wednesday, October 14, 2009

House update

The potential buyers are moving at a snail's pace!  They had set a date in November for closing, but haven't decided to move forward and accept the counter.  Apparently, the husband wants to build while the wife wants our house.  (Prayers that the wife wins this argument!)  So, we are back to being patient and hopeful.  We have the house up for sale as well as up to rent, so we will see which happens first.  My prayer is to sell it so we can move forward.  I will keep you posted!

Giveaway Week #5 has begun!

 Like what you see?  Cute jewelry, children's gifts, an ipod touch, and so much more!!!  Giveaway Week #5 has begun!  Click the button below and enter to win some of these fabulous gifts!!!

Friday, October 9, 2009

A prayer and a giveaway

It's Friday!!!  Internet is up and running, but no pictures today- sorry!

It has been a long, stressful week.  I didn't realize how stressed I was until my husband said that I wasn't acting like myself.  I am anxious about the house selling.  I can't quite wrap my head around whether I am sad that the house is selling, frustrated that we will love mucho money when we sell, or stressed that the buyers have STILL not gotten back in touch about our counter.  And we gave them our counter on TUESDAY!!!  Seriously...  I am ready to know one way or another- will this offer work out or will we need to have patience to wait on another offer.

So, I am needing prayers.  Prayers that something, anything will happen this weekend.  (And may it be that we are locked into a contract!)  And a prayer that I will let go of the stress and actually sleep.  I can't sleep when my mind is wondering and so these past few nights I have been wide eyed.  And of course, when you are sleep deprived, you are no good to your kids. 

And I need some other prayers, not for myself, but for my friends Leigh and Gray Ladd.  I have posted about them several times over the past few weeks, but today, after reading her blog, I wanted to share once more.  Leigh and Gray set out many months ago to adopt a child from Ethiopia.  Following their call from God, they began the adoption process and are in full swing of trying to raise their initial fees.  At the end of last week, they thought that $5000 more would do it.  But God has a way of changing things around when we least expect it right?  At a conference on adoption, Leigh and Gray heard God calling loud and clear that they were to open their home to not one child, but to two children!  Amazing, yes!  Scary, yes!  And so now, they must come up with close to $8000 in the next couple of weeks.  Prayers please for the Ladds, for their family, for the children they seek to adopt and for those around the world who are supporting them in prayer, financial donations and giveaway donations.  The Ladds feel strengthened by all the support, but $8000 is still a daunting number!

For her full story, jump on over to her blog
And after reading the blog, please, please join in praying for the Ladds and if you are able to support them financially, donate to the giveaways posted on

More later...

Tuesday, October 6, 2009


For those of you know that we have been trying to sell our house, we have an offer on it!  Finally!  We put the house up on the market in February.  With no offers by July, we took it off in order to pack up, move, paint and put some new carpets in.  We decided at that point to try at rent it.
Well, after 3 months of trying to rent it, we decided to put it back on the market last week.  It was kind of a least push, let's rent or sell, whichever comes first.
We had our first offer tonight!  It is low, but at this point we will take low in order to get out of it and let that burden go.  We did counter and now it is just a matter of waiting to see if that is accepted.
Please join us in prayer that it will be, that we will come up with the money to cover our loss and we will be able to fully start our life here in Greenville.

On an aside note, we will have internet up and running by Friday so I will be able to post pictures again!!!  Hooray!