Tuesday, September 9, 2008

Proverbs 31


I write this as I prepare for my husband to work 2 hours away from our home. He will begin his new job as a GM on Monday and come home on the weekends... I hope that in his absence, I can continue to be all the things he says I am, supporting him in this new job and caring for our kids...

Proverbs 31: 11-12 poetically praises a virtuous wife, saying,

"Her husband has full confidence in her and lacks nothing of value. She brings him good, not harm, all the days of her life."

It then describes ways that she provides for her family: caring for, teaching, and loving them. She makes use of her available resources, she makes wise decisions, she invests for the future -- in a nutshell, she seeks to do good for her family.

My husband, though he may not remember, once told me that when he read Proverbs 31, he thought of me. I must say that is the one of the highest compliments I have ever been given, by anyone. So... that is who I will strive to be... a virtuous wife and mother who provides for her family: loving, caring, raising, teaching, training, and inspiring.

1 comment:

Annie Beth said...

Awwww. That is so sweet. I know it's going to be hard. I can't stand much time away from Brad, especially when all the responsibility for the kids is on me by myself. If you need any help or want to come over to visit while he's gone, feel free.