Friday, August 14, 2009

Friday Excursion

Okay, so it has been a month since we moved to Greenville. I cannot believe that a month has past so quickly. Still no movement on our house, which is making us anxious, but at least we are together!

One of my dreams for being a SAHM is to be able to take the kids places during the day, especially while we are in the apartment. But every morning, I seem to come up with some excuse as to not really go places. I mean sure we have gone to the apartment playground, gone on walks, to the store (especially Target and Costco), run other errands and even to get their haircut.

BUT taking three toddlers to the zoo, the park, etc, has got me a little nervous. They seem to listen well for awhile then all at once, BAM, they are off in three different directions. And I never know who to go after first.

Well, today, I decided to go for it! I laid out the hand holding rules and the "we are leaving if someone doesn't listen" rule. And off we went, to the interactive fountain at Reedy River Park.

It was better than I could have imagined. We parked close to the fountain, everyone held hands (which probably looks like a momma duck and three baby chicks all waddling together), we played, had snacks, feed the duck/pigeons. AND I even took pictures. Ah, success!!! Now I know I can take them out and about!


Playing around the train tunnel.

Emily dancing on the wall.

Sassy little Em.

Henry playing in the water.

And trying to drink as much as possible!

Sara making faces.

There's a little smile!

Let's see how well we can share our snack...

Em looks interested in what Henry has...

Sara takes it all!

And then begins to give it to the ducks and pigeons...

Watch out!!!

Emily ready to go and tired.

Not sure what he found, but I love that face!

Sara running to catch up


Look out for more of our adventures...

3 comments:

Jessica said...

Well done! I can imagine with all of them so close in age that that would be a daunting task but it looks like you had a great time!

Frances said...

Good for you. Sometimes you just have to take a deep breath and dive in. I have always said you make it look easy. AND you took pictures to boot? SUPER MOM is what I say! : )

Kirstin said...

Yeah! What a success story! We will miss you all so much at PPP this year, but I'm glad you are all in one place and enjoying SC. Your blog is great!!